Southern Barossa Valley – Chateau & Winery Tour
Chateau & Winery Tour
Our Price: $175.00
We leave the ‘City of Churches’ behind us as we head north to the celebrated Barossa Valley – known the world over for its Shiraz and other wines of excellence. Our first stop is Chateau Tanunda in the heart of the Barossa Valley. Now, just down the road is our second Chateau, which you’ll encounter after our marvelous midday delectation – lunch! But first Witness how these German people immigrated to Australia, to build a better life for themselves’, right here in South Australia. A quick look at the oldest Kegelbahn in the southern hemisphere – possibly the world, and the oldest Shiraz vines on the planet, which are still producing wonderful fruit. Our gourmet lunch is served next. Afterwards, you have ample time for more tastings at out next cellar door. Finalizing our day in the Barossa Valley we may augment the 'Whispering Wall' to our curriculum before our return to your lodgings in Adelaide.
A new and satisfying experience is uncovered at each Cellar Door! You will savour wines of distinction - the best of the Southern Barossa. These may include Chateau Tanunda - a beautifully restored Barossa blue stone building. Langmeil - home of the 1843 freedom Shiraz (the oldest Shiraz vines in the world) or perhaps a taste at 1847 Chateau Yaldara. It is most laborious to leave the valley without a stopover at Te Aro Estate - down in Williamstown, on the southern edge of the Valley.
If we still have occasion, a quick visit to the Whispering Wall will be confirmed.
So, if your yearnings still loiter the beautiful Barossa has something for everyone’s palette. Just sit back, relax and watch the Valley unfold before you, as you taste, consume and explore to your heart’s content.
- Full day winery tour of Southern Barossa Valley
- Pickup from City / Glenelg accommodation
- All Transportation to and from Adelaide
- All entry fees to the Chateau’s
- Restaurant Lunch (choice of meal from 'Tour Menu' including a glass of wine)
- Educational and interesting narration throughout the day!
- Up to four (4) cellar doors with tastings and ample time to purchase (Chateau Tanunda, 1847 Chateau Yaldara, Langmeil Estate, St Hallett, Kellermeister, Te-Aro Estate) These may change on the day due to circumstances beyond our control.
Monday, Wednesday & Saturdays (other days available on request)
9.00am to 5.30pm approx
$175.00 per person (Min 2, Max 10)
Tour bookings within 24 hours of departure MUST be made by calling (08) 8386 0888 or 041 226 8829.
Price valid to 31/03/2016 - Terms & Conditions apply; see policies